As Priyanka & Nick Reach Jodhpur, 5 Facts About Their Wedding Venue
Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas’ wedding is just a few days away. The couple is all set to tie the knot this December in Jodhpur’s Umaid Bhavan. The duo landed in Jodhpur today with their families.
Reports have suggested that the wedding will take place in accordance with both Hindu and Christain rituals in India’s very own blue city. Here are all the details you need to know about Priyanka and Nick lavish and luxurious wedding venue, Umaid Bhavan.
- Belonging to the Royal family of Jodhpur, Taj Umaid was initially a private residence built by Maharaja Umaid Singh. The hotel is an architectural marvel and is now partly owned by Taj Hotels. The luxurious palace has 42 suits and is spread over 26 acres
- The royal family still resides there and the luxurious palace is divided into a museum, hotel and the royal residence.
- According to reports, Umaid Bhawan Palace costs $60,000 a night. The Palace comes with a comes complete with butler service, strutting peacocks and a couple’s massage room.
- If media reports are to believed, the couple will take a private chopper to reach their wedding destination. While the wedding will be held at Umaid Bhavan, a source has revealed that the pre-wedding festivities will span across in Jodhpur with one of them taking place at Mehrangarh Fort.
- The reason why the palace has such a breathtaking view is because it stands on the highest point of the city, Chittar Hills
The couple is reportedly tying the knot in a 4-day long celebratory fest beginning on November 29. Reports suggest that a cocktail party will be held on November 30 followed by a traditional Haldi ceremony on December 1.